Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:07:55 -0800
At 1:07 PM -0800 2/3/98, Sharon Stanley-RA6536 wrote:
>We to use a listserv to create a distribution list and we want it to be
>connected to a database but are unsure if this is possible.  What software
>we might use and how we would connect it to the database (script?).  I'm
>not even sure if a listserv would be appropriate to solve this.  Has
>anyone had experience doing something like this?  See below for more
>specific details on what we are trying to accomplish.

We do something like this, but from the opposite direction -- we have the
database drive the listservs.  All of our subscriber records (about 32,000)
are maintained in a database, and we run a script every other day which
rebuilds each of our 70+ lists from scratch.  If this sounds like something
you'd be interested in, feel free to email me.

Sherry Beauchamp

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily