Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:50:11 -0400
Recently upgraded from 14.4 to 16.0 under RHEL, and a job responsibility shakeup due to
some retirements, so I don't know how long this has been busticated.

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/sitevars.html#cDefaultmailmerge says:

Details

This variable is provided beginning with LISTSERV 16.0 to set the default for
list-based mail-merge.  Set to NO to turn off list-based mail-merge, set to YES
to turn it on.  Can be overridden at the list level by setting the Mail-Merge=
list header keyword.

Default Value

Empty string (equivalent to "NO").

But when I use the web interface and click "Server Administration", "Mailing
Lists", "List Creation", and then "Paste List Header", I still get a line
'Mail-Merge= Yes' in there.  Somewhat annoying, as I get to change it
back by hand or delete it or something.

Am I doing something wrong here?  Where does wa.cgi get that value from?

(It's also pre-populating the area with a 'Misc-Options= UTF8_HEADER', but that
setting doesn't annoy me as much, though I don't know where it found *that* one
either, since I don't set DEFAULT_MISC_OPTIONS in go.user either...