Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:41:24 -0600
On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 18:36:59 +0000, Jon Schwendemann <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Insufficient system resources (UsedDiskSpace[C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\data\Queue])

This error screams insufficient disk space.  If the error occurs in the
LISTSERV Log file, then look just before this to see what list is being
mailed to and how many recipients there are.  The message size will not be
noted but the LISTNAME and # of recipients will be.  If the list has
Archives, you can determine the message size from that.

If the list is largish (1,000 rcpts) and assume the message is 10K in size,
the exchange server suddenly needs 10MB of disk space to handle the
transient load.  If the message is larger and even if #rcpts is smaller
Exchange still needs gobs of disk space, but only for a short time.

Reducing MAXBSMTP may be helpful here, but first you need to understand the
size of instantaneous traffic needed for your list(s) (#rcpts) and average
message size.  That error message says Exchange doesn't have enough disk
space to handle the load.  I dunno what space is available but clearly
Exchange thinks it doesn't have enough.  You either need more space (never a
bad idea) or make the load from LISTSERV into more, but smaller chunks that
Exchange can handle (reducing MAXBSMTP).

Take your largest list #rcpts and your largest message (from any list),
multiply that and then multiply that answer X3.  that's how much free disk
space you need in the mailer queue (Exchange in this case) to handle
surprise large mailings through LISTSERV along with other traffic.