"Stephen C. Nill" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:33:45 -0800
I have a problem that persists despite upgrading to LISTSERV 14.3.  I even
did a fresh install after first trying an upgrade.  Both the upgrade and
then the fresh install exhibit the same problem that I previously described.

As a reminder, the problem is this:  We maintain public and private
lists.  The public lists can be viewed in the public archives, at
http://charitychannel.com/archives.  Yet, at Subscriber's Corner, at
http://charitychannel.com/collaborate/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3, selecting the All
Lists view does not yield a view of any of our public lists.  It will only
yield lists to which the subscriber is subscribed, provided the subscriber
is logged in.

Now, here's another strange thing:  The following URL brings up a list of
all lists on the server, public and private, without one's having to first
log-in: http://charitychannel.com/collaborate/wa.exe?REPORT.  The list of
lists is not hyperlinked, so that's good -- but should LISTSERV be
revealing private lists to non-authenticated visitors?

Here is a representative sample of the configuration of a public list:

>Grants and Foundations
>
>.HH ON
>Owner= [ommited]@charitychannel.com (CharityChannel LLC)
>Notebook= Yes,[full path omitted]\GRANTS,Monthly,Public
>Errors-To= Owner
>Subscription= Open,Confirm
>Ack= Yes
>Language= NOHTML
>Confidential= No
>Notify= [omitted]@charitychannel.com
>Files= Yes
>Mail-Via= Distribute
>Validate= Yes
>Reply-to= List,Ignore
>Review= Owners
>Send= Private,Confirm
>Attachments= No,Filter
>Editor= [omitted]@charitychannel.com
>Moderator= [omitted]@charitychannel.com
>Stats= Normal,Private
>X-Tags= No
>Default-Options= Files,Repro,NoAck,SUBJecthdr
>Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100),Probe(30)
>Daily-Threshold=100,10
>Subject-Tag= Grants
>Renewal= monthly,Probe
>Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,10,Size(1600)
>.HH OFF

What am I doing wrong??

Steve

Stephen C. Nill, J.D.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer

CharityChannel.com - Connecting Nonprofit Professionals Worldwide (tm)