"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 May 2002 12:06:04 -0700
I had intermittent problems like this a long time ago, and switching all my lists to:
Reply-To= List, Ignore
seemed to fix it.

Just a thought...

Shannon  :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Keller [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 5:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reply to List or to original author

Here's part of  your list configuration:

Send= Private,(ADIRECTOR-L)
* Editor= xxxxxxx
* Review= Owner
* Subscription= By Owner
* Notify= Yes
* Reply-To= List,Respect
* Validate= Yes
* Files= No
* Ack= No
* Confidential= No
* Stats= Normal, Private
* Language= NoHTML
* Notebook=
Yes,/homes/listserv/logs/misc/a/ayso-l,monthly,Private,(ADIRECTOR-L)
* Subject-Tag= AYSO-L

The keyword Reply-To=List,Respect means that post responses go back to the list.  So,
nothing has changed on that end, and there hasn't been any global Lsoft change as far
as I know.

What could be happening is there are subscribers out there with email software that do
not use the 'Reply-To' line in the email headers to send return information.  For
instance, their email software may be using the 'From:' line of the mail header instead.

Is this change in replying happening to random subscribers, or to all subscribers on
your list?

Richard Keller