Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:13:03 -0400
We have had a long standing problem with people using Outlook.  Doesn't happen very often -- just enough to be a nuisance.  Problem looks like this:

User has Outlook set to leave mail on server because they want to check mail from several computers.
Some mail from listserv is downloaded, but for some reason outlook doesn't remember.
Next time mail is checked. another copy is downloaded.
This continues until either the client unchecks leave mail on server or the mail is removed from the server by some other technique.

Have others seen this problem?  I thought I had seen it discussed, but I can't find anything in the archives.  I got some hits from Microsoft for Outlook 2002, but nothing newer.
--
Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
Listserv Administrator