Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 May 2001 12:04:19 -0400
I'm afraid you're on your own there... our email system is Novell GroupWise, I don't use Netscape anything, I use Outlook only sparingly, and the version of Pine that I access is on an ISP's VAX-based services that I Telnet into, so it only shows raw text email (which means any HTML stuff that I should get there appears as the proverbial chicken-scratch - but that also makes it a good diagnostics tool, I forward anything 'strange' there to get an unobstructed view).  But with GroupWise, since I have (for safety) turned off the HTML option, a mixed-mode message winds up having one or more 'attachments' and viewing one of those will expose all the details.  I've seen it sometimes "lose" the bottom banner when, apparently, the message from the list server has more than one MIME component - and the banner isn't in the same one as the primary body content.

But if you don't find the banner in the archive either, I'd have to suppose your list configuration is such that the server isn't recognizing the template, for some reason which I'm unable to speculate upon.

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/16/01 04:19PM >>>
Well, I use Netscape, Outlook, and Pine -- if you can tell me how to do
this in one of those, that would be swell. :)  However, I have not yet
been able to see the banners when viewing the message in either HTML or
plain text format, and the banner does not appear in either the HTML or
the plain text part of the message in the web archives.

- Kathy

Kevin Parris wrote:
      I've noticed that sometimes the mail reader does not show me
      a bottom banner when the message is mixed HTML, but the
      banner is present in the message though.  Does your mail
      reader give you an option to view the messages in a 'raw'
      format?

      >>> [log in to unmask] 05/16/01 01:34PM >>>
      I have a list for which postings are not getting the top or
      bottom banners
      attached at all.  Both of the banners exist, and the bottom
      banner was
      attached successfully to the first list posting (there was no
      top banner
      at the time).  No posting since has been "bannered" (there
      have only been
      two or three).