Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 May 1999 13:33:51 -0400
On 3 May 99, at 11:57, Chris McFerren ION 202.273.35 wrote:

> I have a customer who wants to market a mailing list.  He wants to send a
> single e-mail to multiple recipients and if a recipient chooses to join the list
> all the recipient would need to do is reply to the message.

Apart from what the others have already told you, you also want to
consider whether even sending this single email is wise. If the list of
recipients has not asked to receive new mailing list announcements or
announcements specifically from this customer, then just sending that
one email would be spam. There are alternate ways of recruiting
subscribers which do not impose the cost of receiving the recruitment
message onto the recipient.

I don't know where the original list of recipients is coming from, so I
can't tell whether they fall under the two conditions where such a
mailing would be acceptable, but I just thought I'd point that out in case
you hadn't considered it.

Francoise