LISTSERV: The Original Social Media

Social Media

Top Gun was in theaters. Prince's "Kiss" was on the radio. Alf was on television. It was 1986. The Internet was in its infancy. The World Wide Web would not be invented for another three years, but the original social media had already emerged in LISTSERV®.

Eric Thomas created LISTSERV as a weekend project while a college student in Paris. This original idea formed the basis for social media as we know it today. Eric was studying electrical engineering but was more fascinated with the world of IT than with his own studies.

"It's a creative process that is not the same as painting or drawing, but you also start from a blank sheet and write your program," Eric said. "I can write a program for anything. It's up to me. My imagination is the limit."

Read the full article by Theresa Sintetos, Social Media Strategist here.

EmailBits - L-Soft's Microblog List

Web: http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-COMMUNITY.exe?A0=EMAILBITS

RSS: http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-COMMUNITY.exe?RSS&L=EMAILBITS&V=2.0

To unsubscribe: &*TICKET_URL(EMAILBITS,SIGNOFF);