As email communicators, we see the virtual Pandora's box of social media grow by the day. And we see millennials and social media presented as having a symbiotic relationship that is said to portend the death of email or, at the very least, formidable struggles for organizations without a "strong social presence".

Don't believe the hype. The death of email has been forecast, even declared, since email lists began almost 30 years ago with LISTSERV. But research shows that email is very much alive and thriving, with study after study finding email to be the top activity for online millennials.

Interviewing millennials in-depth and in-person earlier this month gave a first-hand glimpse into how they interact with email and the big role that it actually plays in the daily academic, professional and personal worlds of their generation.

Thomas Cook Lucy Zhao Eric Sullivan Varun Verma

Check out a two-part feature with illuminating snapshots, both statistical and real-life, on email in the everyday lives of millennials:

http://www.lsoft.com/news/millennials-issue4-2015.asp

EmailBits - L-Soft's Microblog List

Web: http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-COMMUNITY.exe?A0=EMAILBITS

RSS: http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-COMMUNITY.exe?RSS&L=EMAILBITS&V=2.0

To unsubscribe: &*TICKET_URL(EMAILBITS,SIGNOFF);