Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:27:02 -0500
At 16:10 10/31/2006 Tuesday, Steve Howie wrote:
>Does any know if there is a legitimate need for the "other" listserv ids associated with each list (i.e. owner-listname-request, listname-subscribe-request etc.) to receive incoming emails addressed directly to those ids?
>
>We're looking at rejecting such emails from the outside to cut down on a lot of the crap Listserv is currently forced to process.

Well other than the fact that they ae well-known/documented addresses for all lists at all sites, I suggest that those incoming emails not be rejected, but silently discarded IF you are dead set on changing something.  Back-scat-er [sic] to a third-party innocent just propagates the problem.

Better to have your own system bit-bucket.

Just my 2 bits.

/Pete