Ian Fairclough <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:34:13 +0000
LSTOWN-L readers:

If you make any announcements to your subscribers, I suggest you advise them that this "fix" applies to Listserv®-hosted lists.  Other list service providers (e.g. Google groups) having subscribers from Yahoo and AOL, as well as any other DMARC-affected addresses, won't likely have addressed the DMARC problem in the same fashion.  In other words, the problem persists, even if it has been resolved for Listserv®.

The fix is also dependent on local action by your Listserv® manager.  I'm wondering how list owners will know when local action has happened.

- Ian P.S. My own former Yahoo address is deactivated, but spammers might continue to "spoof" it. Please block it, if you haven't already.

Ian Fairclough

George Mason University

703-993-2938