Fred H Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 07:59:28 -0600
In reading the "By Country" thread I noticed Dennis's web page
reference and followed it (I like your beard :).  I did however
have to copy and paste to follow it.  It appears that the
archive mechanism (unlike many mail programs) does not
make something of the form " www.domain.com " into a link.
It requires the archane " http:// " to make it a link.

I urge you to include the " http:// " to make easier to follow
references and to urge your subscribers to do so.

Unfortunately the original designers of the web did not
make the URL format " www://domain.com " ...

BTW thanks to Don Wiss for his reply to my question to
this list "How to put "About" info on web page" on Dec 13.

Hmmm, in light of the "By Country" thread I note that my signature below
makes the provincial assumption that I dont need "USA".  Comments
(off list ?) ?

Funny country / net andecdote:
The renewal of my domain was complicated (delayed) because the paper
notice of expiration was sent to Mongolia by mistake.  Seems someone put
"MN" (US state code for Minnesota) in the space for Country code where in
means Mongolia...    The notice eventually got forwarded to me.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411   (near north Mpls)
[log in to unmask] 612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)