Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 00:43:06 -0800
Brian Crawford wrote:

> Why 50? I can't imagine anybody having a good reason to mass-subscribe to
> 49 mailing lists at the same time. Why not set the threshold to 10 or 5 or
> 2 ?

Higher than two or five, definitely, or you're going to be discombobulating
people like me.  I'm on some 20 mailing lists, some business and some
pleasure.  When I changed from a work account to a private ISP, I
re-subscribed to a great many of them one right after the other.  Quite
legitimately.  Make it at least ten, I'd say.  Perhaps twenty to twenty five,
that's still a reasonable level for people who live on the Net.  Fifty is a
tad high, but it's still better than nothing, and in any case I salute Mr
Thomas for thinking of this and acting upon it.

Mario Rups