"Richard W. Wood" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:20:21 -0300
At 07:11 PM 7/26/01 -0400, Stan Horwitz eloquently wrote:
>On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Richard W. Wood wrote:
> > >
> > >For just a few mailing lists, it might be much more cost-effective to
> > >have the lists hosted directly by L-Soft instead of on your own server.
> > >See their web site for details.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, but if I'm using the free version, how can
> > paying them be more cost effective?
>
>I said it might be more cost effective. The keyword is "might". You need
>to decide for yourself if the value of your time maintaining your server
>and the cost of Internet service for the server is worthwhile.

         I have a 24 hr connection, and I'm currently running a very basic
list server as part of the email server software, but I find it doesn't
have the features I need. The number of posts at this point is very low and
time is not a factor, so my only need is to know if I can run Listserv on a
machine on the LAN that is not directly connected to the net.

Thanks.
RW Wood

Visit Greater Grace in Argentina - http://www.every-nation.com/Argentina/