Lee Silverman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 08:44:31 -0400
At 2:24 PM 9/12/95, Maureen Leblanc wrote:

>>From: Michael Dickson <[log in to unmask]>

>>My apologies.  This has been fixed.  Placing some additional capacity
>>on the floor caused some problems with resolution of DNS names (too
>>many responses for some clients to handle).
>>
>>Mike

As Mike's tech folks probably told him, having *one* MX record and 10 A
records associatd with it is a BAD idea.  Much better would be to have 10
MX records with the same priority level -- that would accomplish the same
thing in a MUCH more transportable way, and at the nameserver level, not at
the resolver level.

However, that's not list-owner related at all, so follow-ups directly to
me, please...

Lee Silverman     [log in to unmask]      http://www.netspace.org/users/lee/
    Someday we're going to look back on all this and tape over it.