Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Jun 2015 23:48:51 -0400
A list with 100-line limit and 90% digest seems very old and special.

Most people's mail reading facility has the capability to filter and group
incoming mail, making digests a relic.

Adding attachments will be a very bad experience for those 90%, IMHO.  I
suggest you try the suggested changes on a test list.

As was suggested in another response, the limit is used against the entire
posted mail file, and you're a better cyber citizen by not using
attachments.

On the other hand, good use of formatting as provided by html and perhaps
images, can make a list seem more modern and pleasant to read.  In this
case, "attachments= image" and a bigger size limit, perhaps "sizelim= 4m"
or larger could work, *if*  you started a new list, or somehow managed to
convince all those digest subscribers to use filtering instead (so they
still wouldn't see every mail immediately).

So maybe it's time to train (whomever encouraged the digest mode) about the
alternatives and then train your subscribers?  (Baby steps)

Good luck, Wayne