"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 11:15:58 -0700
This has come up a number of times, that people feel a little bit
uncomfortable with the term 'owner'.  And since the header is always
viewable by anyone, it really can stick out a bit.

Some of the owners that I talk to in email recently discussed this, and
tossed around some words, and found that they prefer the word
'Managers' over any other.  And since it is 8 characters long, it can
also be used for file names in file lists, e.g. if you have a file that
listed the volunteers that manage a list, then that file might be called
'Hockey Managers' for the Hockey list managers.

So: could Lsoft allow the word 'Manager' and 'Co-Manager' to be synonyms
for the word 'Owner' in the list header?  Then the list of owners can
start out with the main owner, the Manager, and after the Quiet: line,
you can list the Co-Managers.  I think it would be clearer to the new
users also.

Kevin

Kevin J. Sinclair
San Carlos, California USA