Sun, 3 Sep 2000 21:14:43 -0400
Aggh, . Winship, as I think was clear from my msg, my list *does* have
concealed members, and I already use REV etc. to list them. Thanks for your
suggestions, though.

Meanwhile in the course of solving my problem, I've uncovered some arcana that
may be of help to someone.

A careful review of the concealed subscriptions at the web interface uncovered
the following:

1. The concealed members had names of the form "firstname lastname [concealed]"

2. none of these had the "conceal" box checked.

(These subscribers came on when the list was at a previous host. My _guess_ is
that they inserted the "[concealed]" in their name fields out of confusion as
to how to hide their names, and I never noticed it before.)

3. In any case, when I delete "[concealed]" from those name fields, check off
the [concealed] box, and update them., the command Q WITH CONCEAL reports them
properly.

4. New subscriptions, either at the web interface or by email (SET CONCEAL),
are also reported correctly.

It would be interesting to see if subscribing a new dummy "name [concealed]"
<address> would again foil WITH CONCEAL, but I haven't got all night.  --  ed
---
Ed Agro <[log in to unmask]>
http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/archives/zamir-chat-list.html