Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:26:25 -0500
On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Jan A Bergeron VMD wrote:

> My problem is with individuals who cannot seem to learn to quote
> effectively; they simply click on reply and include everything from

I have had the same problem on the same kind of list -- study the archives
to see how the stats line up for valid messages and set message length
limits that would include 98% or so of all messages. Tell the list about
the new limit and watch the serial quoters start losing their ability to
post without some redaction on their own part. I also added a footer to
every message that reads, "Quoting is fine and good, but no one needs a
digest with every message."

-- DCP

--
Douglas Palmer              |
SystemsManager, USDC-EDNY   |   rm -rf /bin/laden