"Christian J. Reichetzeder" <REICHETZ@AWIIMC11>
Tue, 6 Sep 88 14:30:19 SET
Let's not fight wars about that.
If I understand  Eric correctly - and  I think I do  - all he said  is: I will
provide support  for LISTSERV  on "present-day"  releases of  CMS. I  will not
support zillions  of different (and  outdated) releases, dead ends  or exotics
nor will I jump and re-write LISTSERV for every fancy new improved much-better
release IBM "offers".
If you  request from IBM  that you get  a working VTAM  with your new  VM then
that's reasonable (btw you don't get it:  see VM/XA). But why demand from Eric
to make an unconditional statement of support ?
'nuf said, i.e. we  should say once again "Thanks" to Eric.  Too often we take
LISTSERV and Eric's support and help for granted. Ok?
Christian