Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:47:47 -0500
On Mar 20, 2006, at 9:30 AM — 3/20/06, Bruno Robichaud wrote:

> Thx for the tips, About the Mail transport agent right now we using
> the IIS
> SMTP, which other SMTP would be more efficient than this one. Iss
> there a
> perfect match? I know the LSMTP was made to run with Listserv but
> is there
> other good one out there that would be good too at good price or even
> "Free"?

I have no idea what IIS SMTP is, but if your LISTSERV runs in a Unix
or Linux environment, then sendmail is very popular. Qmail works well
too. Both are free, but both take a good deal of effort to install
and configure.

If I had the choice here at my site, I would migrate my LISTSERV to
Windows and run LSMTP. Unfortunately, that choice is not mine to make.

As an aside, if I was in charge @ L-Soft, I would get L-Soft to
produce a Linux version of LSMTP so I could run both LSMTP and
LISTSERV on Linux. If your LISTSERV operates on VMS or Windows, there
are a lot of good things to be said about going with LSMTP in a high
volume environment, even though its not a free solution.