Michael Loftis <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:05:50 -0700
OK we've recently updated our support with L-Soft and I'm in the process of
getting a system ready for running 14.5 but in the meantime I was wondering
what are the qualifications for backbone anymore?  Add to that what sort of
exceptions are made?  The documentation is a bit conflicting but AFAICT
sites with unlimited (UNITS=0) or sites with UNITS >= 30 or DIST only sites
are the only ones that qualify, except exceptions.

We (MODWEST) don't have a lot of lists however, we've four of those with
20k+ (one of which is 90k+).  None of them are super busy, they're one-way
announce/newsletters.

So really my question is, do we qualify for an exception, and even if we
do, would it be a good idea?  I've heard a number of complaints about the
amount of SPAM jobs that come out but I'm not really worried about that
(they'd probably help more than hurt our server).

TIA

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler