Mon, 25 Nov 1991 11:53:50 EST
>See Eric Thomas' response to item 3.  I think he has a point.  Can we use
>a name other than "listserv"?
>Steve

We could change the address, I suppose, but the program itself will
still identify itself as 'Listserv 5.2' on the header-line it automatically
appends to every message. I'd rather not change THAT because, well, it's
not my program to rename :-) but yes, I could change the address
it answers to. (Quite honestly, I disagree with Mr. Thomas...I think
it will be far more confusing to change the name...Joe User thinks that
all list serving programs are "listserv"--I've had recent evidence of
this in people's comments about registrar-l. Perhaps instead Mr. Thomas
should be working with the Unix listserv people to enhance compatibility...