F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 22:13:47 +0000
?YES!

Thanks Wayne (it is also a big help if you do not screw up permissions in a Linux environment).  But the reindex cmd was *the* key.

________________________________
From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: force archive index?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 4:23 PM, F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote
?, in part?
:
Is there a way to force listserv to reindex a list's archives?  In the past (1.8d) , simply opening the list header for editing would do it.

?If you have a new enough version, look on the web under "List Management -> Listserv Command".  There is a reindex command near the botton of the screen.

For older versions, at least on Linux, ?I would (on the OS), remove the index files (they are named ".../<listname>.db<various>", and then do a search, as the search will rebuild the index files.    Check with support before you do this, for what works for me may break your production system. ymmv

Cheers, Wayne