"Postmaster (Niall O'Reilly)" <EARNUCD@IRLEARN>
Tue, 11 Nov 1986 15:51:56 GMT
Revised LISTSERV does not recognise that "Resent-Reply-To" should
over-ride "Reply-To".  This is disastrous for a list which is set up to
"respect" the "Reply-To" field.

Today I forwarded a message received from the MAILBOOK distribution list
to colleagues, using a local list.  I gave the command "REPLYTO SELF" to
avoid their comments going to the original list, and verified that MAIL
inserted a "Resent-Reply-To" field.  One copy was bounced to me as
postmaster, on account of a mis-spelt userid, and I noticed that the
"Reply-To" field pointed to the ORIGINAL LIST.

Bad enough that replies should go to the entire local list, but the
replies will now go to MAILBOOK@DEARN, as few enough people bother to
look at the header of an outgoing message.

Niall