"Kathleen E. Buller" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 11 Sep 1994 22:31:26 GMT
In a previous article, [log in to unmask] (Kathleen E. Buller) says:

>I am interested in finding a host for two proposed lists.
>
>The first one would be devoted to discussion of issues and contracts
>related to public employee unionism, specifically AFSCME, but other
>unions would be welcome as well. This list would service the ordinary
>worker, and be a forum for discussions involving political activisim,
>grievances (no names!), local and world issues, and anything involving
>public sector unions and their members.  This would not be a moderated
>list, nor would subscribership be restricted (in other words, managers
>welcome, though not necessarily well-tolerated ;-) ).  However, the
>listowner (me) would be willing to be responsible for its maintenance,
>trouble-shooting and overall demeanour (consistent troublemakers may
>be warned and eventually bounced from the list, but my definition of
>"troublemaker" is quite liberal and it takes a lot to get me that
>angry!).
>
>The other list would be a far more fun one.  It would be devoted to the
discussion of "oldies" rock and roll artists (pre-1970) and for publication of
>their schedules, news, etc.

If your mailer did not show the previous paragraph completely, it's regarding
the creation of an "oldies" list for rock and roll artists (pre-1970),
and for publication of news and schedules.  Sorry if the message "blipped"
on you!  I didn't see the problem until it was already posted.

>I expect the public employee list would eventually come to be quite busy
>and perhaps take up some time and space on the part of the  host.  I would
>like to make that as easy as possible, and would cooperate fully with any
>host server's requirements (except for money--I don't have any).
>
>The oldies list may eventually become busy too, but I may have some helpers
>to aid in list maintenance (this may be true in the other list as well).
>
>I do know someother listowners and realize that a listserv can be an
>Excedrin headache #250, but I would like prospective hosts to know that
>I am willing to lrn and spend some time on this.  If anyone has any
>suggestions or warnings, or other things to say (please, have mercy)
>I would really like to hear them.  Thanks for reading this far.
>
>--
>Katie Buller

Katie Buller