Tue, 5 Dec 2017 20:32:03 -0500
I think what you're describing sounds like a person is logged-in to the
LISTSERV(tm) web interface and using that method to compose a message
for the list. If I'm right, you might want to look up the REGISTER
command, described like this:
REGister full_name | OFF
Register's the user's full name field in LISTSERV's SIGNUP files, or
changes the current value of that field. When a user's name is
registered, he or she can omit the full name field from subsequent
SUBscribe requests to that server. Sending "REGISTER OFF" to LISTSERV
deletes the user's entry from the SIGNUP file.

This is intended for the individual to do. I believe a way does exist
for a site administrator to do it on behalf of users, but quick search
hasn't brought me to the details on that.