"Hoag, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 11:39:24 -0700
My recollection (it could be rusty) is that the SITE.MAILTPL sits between the DEFAULT.MAILTPL and any listname.MAILTPL in priority and allows you to save modified templates that you want to use for your whole site that would survive version upgrades, etc.

I think LISTSERV(tm) looks for a specific template first in the listname.MAILTPL, then SITE.MAILTPL, and finally in DEFAULT.MAILTPL. If it finds the template in any one of these it stops looking and uses that one. I'm not sure if there are other levels in there or not now.

We'll now see just how rusty my memory is... ;-)

Marty

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Manly

Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:02 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Banners in LISTSERV

Thanks for the quick response.  Two followups:

1) If the server-wide defaults are in DEFAULT.MAILTPL, what is the function of SITE.MAILTPL?

2) Nathan wrote "Testing on my test list indicates that if you remove the .hh block, it will work"  So the "#" characters are just treated as whitespace in the template?

Thanks again.

- JWM