Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Tue, 31 May 88 13:29:28 EST
>> [...] , you know this executable form of documentation with file type
>> EXEC. Maybe they should be included in the INFO FILELIST to solve the
>> problem with the gap between documented past and coded reality. Arrgh,
>> Thomas, keep your big mouth shut, better try to complete your own doc
>> for your very own mess instead of provoking nastygrams from Eric,
>> especially because your trying to explain a bug in the Listserv's
>> executable documentation, and not in the documentation of the executables :-)
>
>          N o   f u r t h e r   c o m m e n t
>
>--Frank

Ok, too much for me. You seem to feel entitled to make ironic comments
about every little part of LISTSERV which is still not finished, as if
you were paying for it or for the service it provides. Do you realize,
by chance, that Eric is getting *nothing* from EARN  (or from  BITNIC,
now that we are in it)  for LISTSERV?  Do you realize  that if all the
LISTSERV servers  in the world  (for which we are not paying)  stopped
today, tomorrow we would have the  major traffic bottleneck never seen
in the net? (Or complete stop of all lists and more than  half of well
known packages and file traffic distribution, whatever you prefer).

Have you never spent some time to carefully  read one of the docs that
are so outdated? Never seen a 3820 version?  Have you compared that to
the docs produced by official people in the net (people who are paid)?

If the answer to any of these questions is 'No',  I'd suggest you take
the  appropriate steps  to get better  informed about  a topic  before
starting to  make  unreasonable  critizisms -- if it's 'Yes',  then my
diagnostic  is a serious  incompatibility  problem  with  LISTSERV, in
which case  you should  immediately  signoff  to preserve  your mental
stability.

In any case, PLEASE stop sending  this kind of garbage to the list.  I
will sincerely appreciate it.

  Jose Maria