Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Oct 1993 13:59:46 EDT
After all the compolaints I had to handle because I have the confirm
feature set on GOPHERN, I thought my task would be so much easier this
time around but it's not :-(

I have already gotten over 200 mail bounces and am busily QUIET DELeting
folks.  I had expected that since confirm was set and LISTSERV was able
to communicate with each of these folks at least twice, I would not have
to deal with many 'unknown hosts' bounced mail ('unknown user' I can
understand, folks sign up then no longer exist).

This is simply a word of advice from an 'expert' (an 'expert' is someone
who has already made the mistakes).  You may set the confirm option, but
you'll still have to deal with bounced mail.

Jim "why did I agree to do this again" Gerland...