Tue, 25 Feb 1992 12:35:16 EST
On Mon, 24 Feb 1992 13:12:59 CST Mark R. Williamson said:

>That's not quite what I said.  The exact quote was as follows:
>
>>You can change ......
>>.....   disable this feature (or at least make it default off).

Hi

  First of all I would like to apologize to Mark. He *did* mention
  the pros and cons as his previous mail mentions. I did not include
  it.

  Because the lists in question are local and controllable,
  I decided to go ahead. But judging from the flames and negative

  I had assumed that so long as the headers were left undisturbed,
  the body of the mail can contain any text and the LISTSERVER
  *will not* analyse/process it. But it does and if somebody can
   explain why it is checking the body.

   Below is an an example that (I think) is a perfectly valid mail
   and yet it is rejected by the LISTSERVER.

  I am relatively new  and don't the reasons about the creation of
  the LOOPCHECK as you experts and old timers do. I do not want to
  screw the network. But please do educate me onto why there can
  be loops if the text is in the body.

  Or is there an alternate solutions from the Listserver side
  (as opposed to user/Microsoft side of the problem cause it ain't easy).

Thanks again ... Ratilal :-(