Zvika Bar-Deroma <AER7101@TECHNION>
Mon, 13 Feb 89 06:21:26 IST
First of all, I want to apologize for for my previous mail commenting
Jose's mail....my fingers hit SEND  too early...

Anyway, I only wanted to add to the previous mail, that me too, I'd
pay to get (or get the services of) listSERV and not listEARN.

>In my opinion  if someone doesn't know  whether he's on EARN or  not he should
>not reply to  such a survey.                                            survey
agree.
>>3- When we read the two mails  Eric sent to NAD-F about French people answers
>>   we decided to remove him from this list and to change it to "send=private"
>>   because we DO NOT  WANT any polemic on this list. Moreover,  Eric is not a
>>   french Node ADministrator and we don't afford his nasty comments.
>>
>>We hope that everything is clear now,
>
>Two comments: nothing is clear now, since  you have not offered us any copy of
>Eric's supossedly 'nasty'  mails, and therefore we have no  means to judge how
>nasty they  were, and  have to  ressort to trust  (in you  or Eric)  to decide
>whether you're  right; and I don't  find it nice to  kick off a person  from a
>list just because of  a mail, even if it were nasty, since  this is clearly an
>act of censorship which does only befit an authoritarian structure, not a open
>forum for free interchange and dialog.  Finally: ALL NAD lists should be open,
>so that  people from other  countries can send  there if needed  (German lists
>are); and I do not like how this affaire has been presented to the network.
>
>When sending  this mail, my  intention is not to  open an argument  about this
>topic,  but only  to  show  that not  everybody  implicitly  agrees with  your
>methods.
>
>>Dominique and Dominique (EARN-France permanent team)
>
>  Jose Maria (speaking as a representative of Jose Maria)

I too, must say that the reaction to Eric's "nasty" (maybe they were,
who knows, I haven't read them) notes, is far from the one I'd expect
in an open libral society...

/Zvika