Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:46:39 +1000

|This sounds almost like 'text/plain; format=flowed' as described in:
|
|RFC2646 The Text/Plain Format Parameter. R. Gellens. August 1999.
|     (Format: TXT=29175 bytes) (Updates RFC2046) (Status: PROPOSED
|     STANDARD)
|
|A number of implementations seem to botch the 'SHOULD be shorter than
|80 characters' suggestion in section 4.1 of that RFC, resulting in very
|long on-the-wire lines which are "flowed" into readability by
|some MUAs.
|
|Would that explain your symptoms?

This RFC comes very close to explaining what's happening here except for one
fact.  I've sent several test posts attempting to find a workaround and
they've definitely been less than 80 characters long.  For example, if I
send something that looks like this:

abc
abc
abc
<abc<abc<abcIt comes out looking like this:abcabcabc<abc<abc<abcI've used three MUAs (MS Outlook 2000, Pegasus 3.12 & FreeAgent 1.21) andsent in MS Rich Text, text/enriched, and text/plain, all with the sameresults.  That's what is leading me to believe it's a server (or MTA)problem rather than a problem with how WA is reading and displaying it.Chazzozz!!Michael [log in to unmask]"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young andstupid." - Ancient ProverbNote: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect theviews, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medicaladvice.