Shinn Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Mar 2023 18:10:51 +0000
Hi William,

Thank you for replying to my question.

We hosted more than 600 lists and they are highly diversified.  Four lists have more than 5,000 subscribers.  Our main mail server is behind a spam firewall, but not the Listserv.  Implement a SPF hard fail might block some legitimate posters where their mail server did not have any SPF in their DNS.

Best,

Shinn
________________________________
From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Brown, William <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2023 8:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Block key words?

We have run Listserv (Windows) behind a spam filter for many years.  We receive notifications of all spam to the lists which has not be bad.  We have approximately 50 lists with max several hundred subscribers and only one or two get much spam.  Our lists are closed with subscriber approval which may help too.

If nothing else, have the spam filters check SPF to prevent spoofing and skip any rules based detection.

--

William Brown

WNYRIC/Erie 1 BOCES