Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:48:52 -0400
>I've been curious about this for a long time now, but I haven't been
>able to find an authoritative answer yet.
>
>How are subscription options handled in the following scenario:
>
>User is subscribed to list A.  List A is a sub-list of list B.
>User is not subscribed to list B directly.  Message is posted to
>list B.
>
>In particular, it seems that there is no way for the user to be
>set to REPRO (i.e. receive a copy of their own messages) when they
>post to a super-list where they are not explicitly subscribed.
>Even if the subscriber is set to REPRO on the sub-list (and there
>is only one sub-list in this example) and both lists have the
>Default-Options= REPRO setting, this still does not seem to work.

Correct.  The only way for a user to receive a copy of his or her own
messages that are sent to list B is for that user to be subscribed to
list B and set to REPRO.  A similar thing is true for ACK/NOACK; if
the user is not subscribed to list B he or she will get an
acknowledgement or not based solely on the "ACK=" setting for List B.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc