Jeffrey R Kell <JEFF@UTCVM>
Thu, 04 Dec 86 13:07:38 EST
>>Now, as far as I understand it, PUT isn't working yet for file lists, but
>>is there any way we can put some of those buggers on a filelist at one or
>>more LISTSERV's (with AFD capability) to reduce some of this monthly file
>>invasion/queue?  You can bet that this time next week there will be who-
>>knows-how-many copies of XMAILER NAMES from NICSERVE waiting to cross
>>who-knows-how-many links.
>> /Jeff/
>
>Better to encourage people to use the NETSERV tools.  You get
>the BITEARN NODES file once.  Then you get the monthly
>NODUPT file and merge it into BITEARN NODES using the UPDNODES
>program.  Works fine.
>
>Roger

That may be true of BITEARN NODES but you still have the Mailer tables and
they don't correlate with BITEARN NODES.  I was speaking more of them than
the latter, as most US sites get their route tables from UCLA (which is
yet another file cruncher, but another story).  I have no opposition to the
NETSERV tools, its only that the US only has *one* of them and its at the
same place we get our Mailer tables from anyway.