Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:48:06 -0400
My guess is that subscribers in the INDIGO.IE domain receive
distributions via the LISRTSERV backbone site LISTSERV.HEA.IE and won't
show up in your SMTP logs per se.

Also there are 4 mail exchangers for that hostname with at least 5 (and
possibly more) Domain Name Services for those MX hosts.  This leaves some
latitude for mis-configured, out-of-sync MX or DNS:

Query:Mail Exchange (MX):indigo.ie
indigo.ie       MX      10      una.indigo.ie
indigo.ie       MX      50      smtpmail2.xensei.com
indigo.ie       MX      5       mail.indigo.ie
indigo.ie       MX      10      ann.indigo.ie
indigo.ie       NS      nessa.indigo.ie
indigo.ie       NS      owl.nstn.ca
indigo.ie       NS      ann.indigo.ie
indigo.ie       NS      una.indigo.ie
indigo.ie       NS      ns2.xensei.com
una.indigo.ie   A       194.125.133.11
mail.indigo.ie  A       194.125.133.225
mail.indigo.ie  A       194.125.133.226
mail.indigo.ie  A       194.125.133.227
ann.indigo.ie   A       194.125.133.10
nessa.indigo.ie A       194.125.133.10
owl.nstn.ca     A       137.186.128.11
ns2.xensei.com  A       198.151.175.4
Complete: indigo.ie

Nevertheless, the highest precedence MX is available:

220 relay02.indigo.ie ESMTP
help
214-qmail home page: http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html
214 send comments to [log in to unmask]
expn postmaster
502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)
vrfy postmaster
252 send some mail, i'll try my best

--

BTW, [log in to unmask] does seem to be working and able to process
commands: