Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:08:28 -0500
    And I think the clients do that at READ time. So it will
vary by reader client. If you look at the mail source it will
just be plain text. For example, I tried:

Testing http://google.com as a link with http.

And google.com without the http prefix.

Finally, www.google.com just to compare.

and when I read the message with Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 the
first and third of the three displayed as a link but not
the middle one. So apparently Thunderbird (at least) looks
for http:// and www. as triggers...  ;-)  marty