Alan Crosswell <EACUS@CUVMA>
Mon, 7 Dec 87 18:23 EST
>You get three separate BSMTP files, one each for B, C, and D.  But, if
>MAILER knew the topology (like LISTSERV does) it could generate a single
>BSMTP file with RCPT TO: each of B/C/D, and forward the file to 'B'.  It
>then does its local delivery, and forwards on the 'C/D' remainder to C,
>and so forth.  In other words, you could do a LISTSERV 'distribute' using
>BSMTP if you knew how to split the recipients, and where to send the
>packets.

"All" you gotta do is muck around with the MAILER PROFILE and generate
a host-specific set of tables rather than the generic ones that are
in use now.  You can list 47 nodes to have the same BSMTP mail server
if you like and MAILER will do the right thing.  Just try and coordinate
that!  Do you really thing it will cut down mail traffic enough to make
it worth the effort?  I'm not saying it won't, just that someone (not me)
will have to come up with something similar to Eric's spanning tree
stuff.
/a
------