Curtis Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:36:56 -0800
Eric, I have been a listServ user since roughly 1993 and an site manager

since 2006.  I agree with everything in your reasoning with one exception.

People really like creating rules to sort E-Mail based on the subject tag.

IETFHDR would be the perfect solution for this issue except the subject tag

is not included.  I understand that IETF is a standard that does not permit

changes, but it would be helpful if there was another option that was called

something else that allowed the subject tag and all the duplicate E-Mail to

occur.

The issue with several of my lists is that the people on the list discuss

various topics, but occasionally an expert needs to be added to the

discussion.  The problem is that the expert names get dropped.  Thus the

support tickets I am attempting to process.

Given the above to requirements, how should I proceed?  I would really just

like to have a mode where cc's can be turned on for SUBJECTHDR.

Curtis E. Stevens

Director, Standards & Features Technology

3355 Michelson Dr. #100

Office: 1-1041

Irvine, Ca. 92612

Phone: 949-672-7933

Cell: 949-307-5050

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Remember, you may only be blamed for something if you are actually doing

something.