Melody Fleishauer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:47:53 -0400
I am investigating the exact complaint from one of my list owners.

  What I have found for this issue is that there is a default setting that
checks to be sure that subscribers on the list are valid email address.
When an email address bounces back to Listserv, that email address will then
start being monitoring.  I believe the default setting is any list under 100
subscribers is automatically monitored with the default settings which are

* Delay - The maximum number of days an address can bounce before it is
deleted. This is also the number of days after an address stops bouncing
that it will continue to be monitored.  Default is 10

* Max - The maximum number of bounces to receive for a given address before
deleting it.  Default is 100

Melody Fleishauer
Systems Administrator
Center for Arts Management and Technology
Carnegie Mellon - Heinz School

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Parris
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 9:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: daily error monitoring report

It probably would be more useful to investigate and resolve the actual
reason why the report is being generated, than take the sideways idea of
just turning it off.  A review of the LISTSERV log should provide some
useful clues.

However, there is nothing obviously "wrong" about the report you presented -
the date of the most recent error is within five days, so unless something
else happens there should not be another report issued for that particular
list after tomorrow.  If the SAME report data is presented again on Monday,
then there is an issue to be researched.

Or is the problem simply that the list owner just doesn't want to know when
someone's email address goes bad?

>>> Steve Eckard <[log in to unmask]> 03/28/08 8:51 AM >>>
Good morning all. I know I have asked before, but I have a list owner who
continues receiving the following messages on a daily basis for several
weeks now. She forwards them to me?!
Is there any way to stop these message from going to her as owner or any way
to filter? Thanks again for the help.
Subject: ADMIN-TECH-L: Daily error monitoring report

The following subscriber is currently being monitored:

Err First Last  Address
--- ----- ----- -------
  1 03/24 03/24 Heather Kacmarski <[log in to unmask]>
                Last error: 5.1.1 550 5.1.1 User unknown

Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)

Subscribers will  be automatically  deleted from  the list  when delivery
errors have  been reported for a  period of 4  days or more, or  when 100
delivery errors  have been  received, whichever occurs  first. Monitoring
will cease after 5 days without any reported errors.

Note: manually  deleted subscribers may  remain on the  monitoring report
under an alias  address. Such entries will expire eventually;  you do not
need to do anything about them.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:45 PM