Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:31:39 -0700

 owner-listname@hostname  the normal Return-Path address for list mailings.

>> I sent a GET CURRENT SCLISTS to the Sierra Club LISTSERV, and the
>> file returned was 31K.
>
>Yes. Just to be clear, we've heard about this problem only
>from (some of) our [log in to unmask]
>
>> Could it be that MSN has put a limit on the
>> *size* of messages it accepts? Does this seem to happen only with
>> larger messages? Are you able to send that file to the person
>> complaining from your own address?
>
>These addressees do not receive even very small files. And, yes,
>I can send them the very same (larger) files and they do receive them.
>They also tell me that they regularly receive even much larger files
>with graphics, etc.

a mystery...

Are you using our LSMTP mailer?  If so, please try site-specific logging of
email.msn.com to see what is happening in the SMTP transaction.  See the
LSMTP-FAQ for more info:  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsmtp-faq.stm#2.6