Turgut Kalfaoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:02:27 +0100
I have been watching the console of listserv (we have it on VM, heh), and
I am impressed that about HALF of all SUB requests are fakes. I know, because
a quiet list of ours, ZIRAAT-L has been a target of them for about a year
now. The typical look is:
   From:  someone@somewhere   SUB ZIRAAT-L  take that sucker!

 It must be in the database of one of these d*mn programs. Good thing
for the 'Subscription=Open,Confirm' but we still get lots of alarmed messages
'I got a confirmation for something that I did not want to subscribe to!'

Stinks :(

-t

internet: [log in to unmask]   postmaster, [log in to unmask]
bbsturk: (+90)232-369-6428/29    FIDO: sysop@2:430/105
VirtualNet: 1@90232000           http://bbsturk.bbs.tr