Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:24:21 -0500
On 12/22/2009 11:18, Pete Weiss wrote:
> At 11:16 12/22/2009 Tuesday, Eckard, Steven wrote:
>> If you are the owner/editor, why would you want to edit your own posts?
>
> If I understand, it could be so that if the owner/editor's email were spoofed, this might allow for interception.

That's correct.  Confirmation on posting will almost completely eliminate forged
postings.  I say "almost", because there is the possibility, however slim it
might be, that the individual whose address was forged will complete the
confirmation process.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team