Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:26:04 +0100
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:46:58 -0500 Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>The "Return-Path:" header is unfortunately optional (RFC 822), and is
>added by the final transport system,

Yeah, but if you cross-reference misbehaving vacation programs vs systems
that  don't provide  a return  path,  you won't  find a  lot of  vacation
programs with that excuse.

>UNIX-style messages/mailboxes will generally be found to contain a
>"From " header at the beginning with this information which, if you can
>get at it, may be useful,

As far  as I know, /usr/ucb/vacation  invokes itself as a  pipe from your
.forward file and has access to this information. It just doesn't use it.

  Eric