Adam Floro <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 13:15:26 -0500
I have been struggling with the following problem.  We have a couple
of lists in which subscribers from various mail servers within our
local domain (SIU.EDU) have not been receiving their mail.  Folks
subscribed with BITNET addresses (something@SIUCVMB) are receiving
their list mail ok.

I set up a test list and subscribed myself from various sources and
only my BITNET-subscribed address received the list mail.
Here is my list:

*
* Test List
*
*   Review= Private   Subscription= Closed       Send= Public
*   Notify= No        Reply-To= List,Respect     Files= Yes
*   Confidential= Yes
*   Validate= Store Only
*   Notebook=Yes,X1/200,Monthly,Private
*   Owner=  [log in to unmask] (Adam Floro)
[log in to unmask]                      Adam Floro
CA2077@SIUCVMB                    Adam Floro
[log in to unmask]            Adam Floro
*
* Total number of users subscribed to the list:    3
* Total number of local node users on the list:    1
*

I only use this list for testing to try debugging list problems.
Now, from the above 3 subscribers only CA2077@SIUCVMB received
the mail I sent to the list.  Immediately after sending the
mail to the list, I received the following 2 items from LISTSERV:

--- 1st item ---

>Date:         Thu, 2 Feb 1995 11:29:46 -0600
>From:         BITNET list server at SIUCVMB (1.8a) <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Message ("Error occurred while processing file 1537 from...")
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Error occurred while processing file 1537 from LISTSERV@SIUCVMB:
>
>  Received   a  transferred   file   from  myself,   possibly  destined   to
>  [log in to unmask] The destination node ("UICBIT" - assuming it is valid) is
>  probably not in the routing tables, which you might want to check.

--- end of 1st item ---

--- 2nd item ---

//JNTEST-L JOB Echo=No,Reply-to="[log in to unmask]"
//To DD *
adam SIU.EDU BSMTP
ca2077 SIUCVMB.SIU.EDU BSMTP
/*