Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 24 Jul 89 12:01:49 GMT
Leonard, if you'll agree with me  that RFC822 headers of mail coming from
internet lists usually are 30 lines long (or more), and you suggest (well
maybe it's  not exactly what  you just said last  time, but it's  what is
usually suggested) that  LISTSERV should just add its  own 'Received:', a
'Sender:' pointing to a human mailbox, and send the stuff via BSMTP, then
we're talking about  a lot more lines than we're  generating now. If what
you meant is that LISTSERV should  still clean up the headers, I withdraw
what I just said  but I'll suggest that you had a  private fight with the
internet freaks who think LISTSERV shouldn't even touch the headers.

Finally, I would  like to point you to the  announcement of release 1.6a,
which describes the  way that you can, today, without  mods, ask LISTSERV
to send you mail via BSMTP, with  a 'To:' field that doesn't contain your
name , with only 1 copy per node rather than 5 (assuming, of course, that
the node in question is BSMTP-capable, which is the case of a minority of
BITNET nodes).

  Eric