"Sathaye, Shashi" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 10:24:00 EDT
I have made it mandated to have subscription=Open, Confirm whenever
someone wants to create a list with subscription=Open at our site.
This is useful to check mail problems ahead of time.
But once in a while, users will get a number with their confirmation
request and listserv keeps telling them there was no request for subscription
when they send back 'ok number' where number is exact same number they got
from listserv.
    Last time when one such user wrote to me to complain, I notice that
the full name he had in his subscription request was different from the
one he sent on the subscription request, also he might have sent the
subscribe command as [log in to unmask] while confirmation ok showed
the From addres as [log in to unmask]
I have a suspicion one of these causing listserv to think there was no
previous request from this person. So which one is it? Is tehre a fix for this?
I do not mind 'hand' subscribing one or 2 people once in a while, but I did
this 5 times in one day for different lists, so I decided to ask.