"Christian J. Reichetzeder" <REICHETZ@AWIIMC11>
Thu, 2 Nov 89 14:59:15 SET
On Thu, 2 Nov 89 14:39:05 GMT Eric Thomas said:
>know  that VM/XA  is  not fully  compatible  with VM/SP,  even  in a  370
>machine, and that there are a number of things which had to be changed in
>1.6 to solve minor, yet painful, problems. Even in 1.6c I found a problem
>with incoming  DISK DUMP files  and had  to write a  fix that will  go in
>1.6d.
I don't want  to talk you into revealing "LISTSERV  internal information" :-).
But I  think it could be  of interest to the  VM community in general  to list
(some of the) the incompabilities. To give two examples:
 * There is an additional  line in the "CP QUERY <V>  urdevice" response - saw
   an EXEC choke on it
 * Contents of  the fields in the  (simulated) SFBLOK returned by  DIAG14 have
   changed (i.e. aren't here at all)

But maybe such information should go to VMXA-L or that like.
Christian